Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Summer Time Shish Kabobs!


So I ran my first 10k race this past weekend. It was a great experience. The Bayshore Marathon in Traverse City is a very pretty run along the shore of Lake Michigan. I went with a couple of my girlfriends and we had a fantastic time in Traverse City! It was a weekend filled with gluttony after the race- testing out the good eats of Traverse City of course! If you ever venture up that way, you absolutely need to check out Soul Hole- best food I've eaten in a long time! So good! We were in a food coma for hours afterwards literally. So after meeting my 10k goal, I'm now training for a half marathon in September! I'm stoked. Now Austin is actually working out with me too...starting slow of course because he's not a runner. However, it is so nice to come home and walk and run with him. Now its something we share in interest in! I never thought I'd see the day ;) I'm proud of him though. 

This is a fun weeknight meal or weekend meal. We've been trying to be really health conscious of what we eat...eating loads of protein and veggies with whole grains on the side. Austin and I have been working hard at this weight loss thing. It's really nice to work at it together and plan meals together based on our diet goals. Trust me that this meal is lacking nothing taste wise.This is so filling and full of flavor!


 We used a variety of veggies: tomatoes, green pepper, red pepper, red onion...

 Marinated the chicken overnight in a honey ginger sauce...you can use any sauce you'd like of course.
Pineapple adds a sweet flavor to everything!

 Grill em' up! They don't take terribly long...15 minutes maybe.

YUM! Enjoy :) Love summer food!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages