Monday, October 24, 2011

Bourbon Chicken Sesame Pasta


This meal was super easy with just a little prep time. I have been dying to try out my new Bourbon Glaze from Tastefully Simple (TastefullySimple.com) and decided to pull together some ingredients that we had to use up in the house (i.e chicken, pasta, veggies). Perfect easy weeknight meal. Austin said, "You can make this one again." I guess that's a good sign ;)

Here is the recipe for four people...but it can be adjusted to more or less...

Ingredients
3 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces- used 2 chicken breasts for 2 people...
1 Tbsp. Garlic Garlic™- (any garlic seasoning, not the powder)
2 carrots, peeled and julienne cut - (I used my food processor on about 10 baby carrots instead)
1 cup bite-size broccoli florets
1 Tbsp. sesame oil- didn't have this so I used olive oil
3/4 cup Bayou Bourbon™ Glaze- any type of Bourbon Glaze would be good on this!
Sesame seeds
8 oz. pasta, prepared and hot (I used left over linguine from a previous spaghetti meal!)

I added in about 3/4 cup of shredded onion. I shredded them in the food processor with the carrots.

Directions
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté chicken and Garlic Garlic™ in the hot skillet until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken from pan; set aside. Add remaining tablespoon of oil to skillet; sauté carrots and broccoli until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add chicken back to the pan with the vegetables; reduce heat and add sesame oil and Bayou Bourbon™ Glaze. Sauté for about 5 minutes; add hot pasta and toss to coat. Garnish with sesame seeds. Makes 4 servings. (My adjusted version was just right for the two of us!)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages