Tuesday, November 8, 2011

DIY Wine Bottle Christmas Decor

Two things I have acquired a love for...DIY projects and wine :) The left over bottles, which are usually thrown away, can be converted with a little love to a beautiful center piece. Where did I find this fabulous idea? I wish I could say it was my own...however once again Pinterest pulls through with another winner. The blog site for this idea is
http://cleverlyinspired.blogspot.com/2010/12/wine-bottleschristmas-display_14.html


I took 3 wine bottles...removing all stickers and labels with Goo-Gone. Once dry I sprayed painted primer on them. The primer didn't completely cover the bottles so I used a white spray paint for the second coat. Once dry I sprayed the bottoms of the bottles with adhesive bond spray. Immediately after spraying, roll in epsom salt. I sprayed a sealer on top and some glitter spray. I added some pine cone and snow covered twigs from Michael's. It turned out pretty well and was relatively cheap to do! :)


More DIY Christmas posts to come!

1 comment:

  1. That is a nice centerpiece but boy look at that table! What a fine piece of furniture!

    ReplyDelete

Pages