Monday, October 17, 2011

Fall Harvest Center Piece

I saw this displayed on Pinterest...my newest addiction and  favorite distraction...and knew I had to make it. My mom has about a million unused, lonely glass hurricanes after our candy buffet at our wedding therefore making this was perfectly cheap as well as cute to look at! And...when I say "easy" I mean easy enough for a 5 year old to successfully do this, seriously!




Layer by layer: I used dry split peas 1 regular size bag on the bottom layer (I wish I would have done this layer on the top so it would have stood out more), the next layer is a regular size bag of dry red beans, next is dry yellow popcorn kernels, and the top is dry pinto beans. The layers are flexible, obviously, based upon the size of the vase or container. Place the candle in based on the height you want revealed. I placed my in after the first layer of peas. The ribbon is a burlap type of tie that you can find at Hobby Lobby or Joanne's Fabrics...easy!


Happy Fall! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages