Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Bacon & Egg Casserole- Delish!

Who doesn't love a little bacon and eggs? Breakfast casseroles are super easy and significantly budget friendly to make for a large crowd. I'm helping make dishes for our client and staff brunch at work this week. Supposedly between 20-30 people are coming! Hoping this is a crowd pleaser...it sure smelled good and I can't wait to try it! I have plans tomorrow night so I made it two days ahead and stuck it in my freezer. I also got to use my new Rachel Ray casserole dish ;) always a plus!

step (1) layer the bottom of the pan with vegetable spray, croutons, and top with butter. I added extra seasonings like chives, garlic, and onion on mine with the butter. Top with about a bag of sharp shredded cheese. (my pan is extra deep so I doubled the recipe I was following so see below for exact measurements to fit a 9 X 13 pan)

all the goods
Final product. Gosh it looked so yummy and smelled sooo good! I got to chop up my bacon using my small food processor. It was a greasy mess but I think I like that it is more like bacon bites because the croutons are rather large.

Directions for a 9 X 13 casserole dish
1/4 c. butter, melted
2 c. unseasoned croutons (I added more seasoning to the butter and on top of the mixture)
2 c. onion and garlic croutons
2 c. grated cheddar cheese
2 c. milk
8 eggs, beaten
1 tbsp. prepared mustard
12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Coat a 9 x 1 x 13 inch casserole dish with vegetable spray. Place croutons in casserole dish and pour butter over croutons. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
Mix milk, eggs, and mustard and pour over cheese mixture. Sprinkle bacon crumbs on top.

Bake at 325°F for about 45 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes. Serves about 8.

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages