Tuesday, February 7, 2012

"L"ove Monogramed Wreaths! DIY project

I have alwayed LOVED the Monogramed wreaths on Pinterest and other DIY blogs...and got inspired to make one for myself. My front door needed a change from the wintery Christmas wreath!

I copied a wreath off of Pinterest, but also followed a blog I really like. Check this girl's site out for instructions and more fun projects! She gives way better instructions than I ever could!



Basic instructions:

Here's what you'll need:
12" paper mache letter ($2.50 from JoAnn with 40% off coupon-- love those!)
2 rolls of jute twine ($1.64 each from Walmart)
felt ($.44 each from JoAnn Fabric)
ribbon (You pick colors/style!)
glue gun
scissors


(finished product)



(Apologies for the poor picture quality- these last two were taken on my phone)

(while wrapping...it takes about two layers going the opposite way to cover the letter...which takes about an hour and a half to complete, but really easy! I just watched t.v while I did it!)

A fun project and gift!

Things to note when doing this...

1)wrap jute 2x's around the opposite way securing with hot glue occasionally

2) if you have a unsymmetrical letter of the alphabet..make sure you stick your letter to the door with some puddy or a sticky wall hanger because it likely won't sit nice! My "L" was hanging lopsided for a while until I tacked it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages