Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins (3 ingredients!)

Life is speeding along through fall. I can't believe how much life is changing and advancing. I'm crazy busy with my internship/still trying to work full time. Austin is still working full time. We manage to see each other for about 5 minutes before bed every night. It's taken some adjustment, but God is truly blessed us in this season and I couldn't be happier. I'm just waiting to catch my breath it feels like. A vacation awaits me after all this internship/master degree business is finished! I'm highly looking forward to the day when I have no agenda or plans or work to be done. However, in the mean time, I am enjoying fall and Austin and I are anticipating being an aunt and uncle to twins in a few weeks as Austin's sister is expecting two new babies for the Lettinga clan to love on. :) I am very much loving being an aunt to his other niece and nephews so it will be fun to add two babies to the crew of children on his side of the family. I've been reminded by my own mother that my biological time clock is ticking in an ever so non-pressuring (yet pressuring) way. ("Thanks, Mom!") However, to her dismay, Lord Willing I will be waiting for my own family to start until I'm finished with grad school and "stable" career wise. That's the "plan" anyway... 

Enjoy this recipe!

Okay, seriously this might be the easiest dessert I've ever made. I am quite literally obsessed with pumpkin anything in the fall season. I have a diagnosable problem, I'm sure of it. Anyway, I found this recipe on Pinterest of course, and was skeptical at first due to the lack of ingredients but, friends, I am telling you this recipe saves calories and time. Pumpkin is a great substitute for the oil and eggs in this fun recipe. You can even leave out the chocolate chips to make it 2 Points on Weight Watchers...believe it! 


Combine 1 box cake mix (I have used both Spice Cake and Golden Vanilla Cake and I must say the Spice Cake was better tasting like pumpkin)
1 normal size can of pumpkin puree
Handful of chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients together. If you're using any other cake mix besides spice cake like a vanilla, I would use at least 1 Tbs of pumpkin pie spice to give it a pumpkin flavor. The puree doesn't give enough spice flavor. 


Place all ingredients in tin with greased muffin paper cups.

Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes.

Below are my finished baked muffins. They're so pretty. They should be hard, not squishy on the top when you remove them from the oven. These are very moist so I do recommend the toothpick test to ensure they're done inside. 


Yum! Enjoy and feel guilt free. Bonus! They are such a yummy fall treat!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages