Sunday, October 13, 2013

Fall Craftiness

Life just keeps going and going...I'm just trying to keep up some days! I'm grateful for fall. It's one of my favorite seasons. Life at the Lettinga household continues to be one filled with 40-50 hour work weeks and some fun times on the weekends with family and friends. We're looking forward to adding a special member of our family come November, nope not a child, but a beagle puppy! We're very excited and anxious for him to be ready to come home with us. 

With the cooler temperatures and earlier darkness enclosing, I've had more time for indoor fun. Stops at Hobby Lobby, being that it's so close to work, is a blessing and a curse! Here's a few projects that won't break the bank to do!!

I call this..."turn a pillow you don't like anymore into one you do". This is a permanent project...meaning I used hot glue so this pillow will be like this for a while - it's not a pillow cover. However, it's festive for the holidays! So I bought this burlap material using my 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby. It came to 3-4 dollars. Not bad for a new pillow!?


Cut material to fit pillow. It should be a lot like wrapping a gift. The lines must line up etc. I had to cut a few times to adjust well. The glue goes along the folds and does need some pressing to hold down and dry. 


Done - I added a felt broach. I did not make that. It's perfect! :) I loves it. Not the most comfy thing to lay on but it is really adds something to the decor for fall. 

Next...Jute Wrapped Wine Bottles
This is a project easy to do in front of your favorite hour long TV show. It takes some discipline and focus, but it's easy enough. Materials you'll need are: hot glue gun, plenty of Jute (1 medium spools worth), Wine or glass container, and burlap flower decals if desired. 



And then you get to wrappin'... settle in for the project with your wine and favorite movie.


These were 5.99 at Hobby Lobby. They added an extra something to this project.


Done! So fun and perfect for spring and/or fall. 

Happy Fall! Get crafty :)


Shout out to two of my bestest friends in this world. Where would we be without good friends?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages