Monday, October 31, 2011

Creamy Spaghetti - A Weeknight Staple

So it's Halloween night. My first Halloween as a married woman. I am cooking away trying to keep my mind from worrying about when my trick or treaters would arrive...alas we had none. Go condo living! Guess the residential housing gets all the attention :(
I grew up on spaghetti, and there is nothing more "comfort food" to me than a bowl or spaghetti. I absolutely love anything Italian...my husband, however, could go for an all-American burger or take out Sesame Chicken for every meal. We try to compromise ;) Anyway, I had left over Mascarpone Italian cheese left over from a party, fresh parsley, and pasta sauce just asking to be made into something wonderful...I couldn't NOT make it! It turned out very mild and just what I was craving...comfort and tranquility...okay the sangria helped with that too, I must admit.






1 lb of spaghetti noodles (I used Whole Wheat)
1 lb ground beef
1/2 green pepper (about 3/4 cup full)
1/2 cup onion (or more depending on your preference)
1 clove chopped garlic
1 cup Mascarapone
1 jar pasta sauce (I chose garden chunky style)
olive oil
parsley (fresh or dry)
mozzarella cheese

*Saute peppers, onions, and garlic till they begin to brown. Add meat. Drain when cooked throroughly. Meanwhile be boiling water for spagetti noodles. When meat is cooked and drained, put on a low burner to simmer with spagetti sauce. Sauce should simmer about 15 minutes to gather flavor. Add in mascarapone cheese and stir into mix. When spaghetti is cooked and drained add to the sauce. Mix and blend together well. Top with a handful of chopped parsley and mozerrella cheese. We ate this delight with salad and garlic bread to create the perfect weeknight Italian meal. Buon appetito! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages