Sunday, October 30, 2011

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

Fall and Halloween would not be the same without a plethora of pumpkin based recipes. I can't get enough pumpkin during these months. I found some really good recipes for pumpkin seeds that I had to try out. I decided to have my hubs to the carving and I'd do the baking (I have tendency of cutting myself with sharp things). I made "Spicy", "Savory", and "Halloween" flavored pumpkin seeds. I also added in seeds from one acorn squash I had. They turned out really good...probably totally unhealthy but worth it ;)



"Savory" Flavor

1 1/2 tablespoons margarine, melted or oil (I combined the two)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 cups raw whole pumpkin seeds


"Spicy" Flavor

1 1/2 tablespoon of melted margarine and/or oil
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of paprika
1/2 teaspoon of chili powder

"Halloween" Flavor <-- This was my favorite flavor!

3 tablespoons of melted margarine and/or oil (this is a bigger batch)
1 teaspoon of ginger
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 tablespoon of maple syrup lightly spread across mixture or allspice is an alternative

**Bake at 275 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Its important to check them often and stir them around every 5 or so minutes. They should be a bit crunchy and develop a golden brown look when they are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages